Onkyo TX-NR Series Receiver Device Specifications+Price
Onkyo's NR series of receivers have earned a lot of praise from a lot of people, not the least of which being our friends at The Wirecutter, who praised the TX-NR414 specifically as an excellent model with great features for the price. Many of you noted that you can't go wrong with the NR line, since they almost universally offer excellent sound quality (all THX certified), internet-enabled features like Pandora streaming and Airplay, and tons of inputs—more than many other manufacturers cram into their devices. Additionally, while Onkyo has been known to have issues with its HDMI controllers, many of you noted those issues seem to be resolved in the recent models and firmware updates. How much you drop on one varies, the TX-NR414 that The Wirecutter recommended retails for around $230, and can be found much cheaper when on sale (closer to $199,) and the equally popular TX-NR616 is closer to $540, but the high-end professional models can come in at thousands of dollars.
- Receiver Specifications
- Internet Radio and Cloud Streaming Service Connectivity w/ control via Onkyo Remote Apps.
- InstaPrevue? Port Management Technology .
- iPod/iPhone Direct Digital Connection through USB and Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB .
- 6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Outputs with support for 3D and Audio Return Channel.
- Zone 2 Line Out. Impedence : 1-16 ohms
- Price= $540